When it comes to arthritis types related to immune system issues, rheumatoid arthritis is by all means the most common one. Rheumatoid arthritis is a typical disease that is caused by an autoimmune system problem and when having it, there are some cares and treatments a patient should be preliminary informed about, if he or she would like to remain in normal healthy condition, besides the pain or the side effects. Today, we will discuss the main why- and what-related topics about rheumatoid arthritis. You will understand what causes the disease, as well as its main symptoms and side effects. Of course, regarding the fact that we believe you need to turn to a specialist for a full medical prescription and diagnose, we will name you the top and most common ways to eliminate rheumatoid arthritis pain. Here is what you need to know about rheumatoid arthritis in simple words and easy to be understood explanations.
What exactly rheumatoid arthritis is?
Rheumatoid arthritis is a common chronic medical disorder due to inflammation of joints and connective tissues. This disease usually affects the least joints in both, your hands and your feet. The worst side effect of the illness is bone erosion, but joint deformation is also quite possible and scaring. In most cases, the patient with rheumatoid arthritis suffers of huge swelling processes on joints. The swelling and the inflammation are the main reasons for the illness to cause so much pain. Sometimes, when pain is minimized, the patient suffers from disability in normal movement performance such as walking. Unlike other types of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis is a common autoimmune disorder. This means that rheumatoid arthritis is developed, when the immune system stops working properly and instead of attacking microbes and bacteria, it begins “killing”your own tissues. So, rheumatoid arthritis appears due to the process of your personal immune system, which starts breaking your joint tissue down instead of the toxins that enter your body. The bad thing about rheumatoid arthritis due to the immune system disorders, in many cases affect other parts of your body — including your facial skin, eyesight, lungs and blood vessels. Rheumatoid arthritis can be caused at any age, but commonly it appears after your 40s, if you were genetically predisposed to the disease or you have harmful bad habits.
What are the main rheumatoid arthritis symptoms
It is a must to be diagnosed by a doctor with rheumatoid arthritis, but the availability of all of the next symptoms is a sign you have it, too. Check out the main side effects of rheumatoid arthritis now:
- Swelling of joints
- Constant fatigue or fever. They are mainly caused due to the inside inflammation processes and immune system disorders.
- Weight loss. You might be used to hear that arthritis diseases are always connected with overweight, but when it comes to rheumatoid arthritis, doctors get worried about weakness and thinness. Loss of appetite is very common for rheumatoid arthritis and it is again, due to the immune system problems, which eventually lead to sudden metabolism collapses and rises.
- Pain is the main rheumatoid arthritis symptom. It is felt all over your hands and feet (sometimes, legs, too), because the disease affects the small joints, which are all over the limbs.
- Disability for the body to heal itself fast. When you have an injury and it cannot be cured fast, it might be a symptom of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Numbness all over the limps is also a common rheumatoid arthritis symptom. Sometimes, we misread it with tiredness, which is a bad approach into fast rheumatoid arthritis diagnose for faster minimizing of all the side effects.
Why do we get rheumatoid arthritis or what are rheumatoid arthritis causes?
Rheumatoid arthritis appears due to the immune system attack on your body synovium. The synovium is the lining of the membranes, which cover human joints. This is how inflammation appears and cartilage collapses. Later, when the disease progress, the joints get deformed. But what makes the immune system to get confused and to attack its own tissues is yet a mystery to doctors. They do know factors that might stimulate this process, but they are not 100% sure of the main rheumatoid arthritis reason. However, knowing these little rheumatoid arthritis factors is also helpful, because if you eliminate them, you will reduce the pain if already having RA or you will prevent it, if not being diagnosed with it. Check out rheumatoid arthritis risky factors now:
- Most of patients with rheumatoid arthritis are genetically predisposed to the disease. However, it is not a guarantee that if your parents do not have RA, you will pass it, too.
- Alcohol and cigarette consummation is risky factor for rheumatoid arthritis.
- With age, the possibility to get rheumatoid arthritis enlarges.
- Some researches show that both, caffeine and dehydration of body are risky factors for the disease, too.
Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and pain relief
Blood tests and X-rays, as well as professional doctor diagnose are the ways you can accept to be 100% ensured you have rheumatoid arthritis. When you are diagnosed with it, doctors appoint the treatment that is suitable for the stage of the disease in your body, as well as for the pain level you need to suppress. Here are the main rheumatoid arthritis pain relief cares and approaches.
There are four types of medications you might be prescribed by your doctor after being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Mainly, drugs are either steroids or NSAIDs. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are specially tailored to eliminate most of side effects, but generally it is a pain killers. As to the steroids, they are meant to stop inflammation processes and joint breakages. Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) are also common for rheumatoid arthritis. They are normal life supporting medications. With them you can survive the disease with no discomfort as to movements. Last, but not least, biological agents like golimumab, tocilizumab and rituximab medications types are immune system stimulating products.
- Therapies Physical therapies are recommended only when performed by pros. These are not only massages and physical activity engagement, but also programs of suggestions for daily task changes like new methods for cooking, cleaning, working out in fitness and etc.
- Sport activities It is very important for people with rheumatoid arthritis to be physically active. The workouts should be, though, delicate and tender, because too much tiredness is not quite beneficial. You can go for swimming and slow jogging in the mornings. Aerobics and muscle stimulation are amazing for supporting both – rheumatoid arthritis normal rate and the immune system condition.
- Relaxing + Hot and Cold therapy Have a day per week, when relaxing for more and reducing the stress. You can apply the domestic hot + cold therapy, which is an ordinary shower with switching the temperature of the water per each next 10 minutes. This is how you can make your bones and muscles stronger and capable to rejuvenate.
- Diet for rheumatoid arthritis There are some food types you should consume in big amounts, if you want to reduce rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Start with fish oil as a standard food supplement to your daily menu. Also, reduce harsh and harmful plat oils. This is how you will eliminate the common rheumatoid arthritis morning stiffness.
Living with rheumatoid arthritis is not a mission impossible and if you apply our recommendations, as well as your doctor`s prescriptions to your daily routines you will have an almost 100% normal life with less pain and discomfort.